Hi there! I'm Erica, an illustrator living and working in St Petersburg, Florida. I love creating illustrations and characters for the children's market and for products, brands and publications. I'm inspired by children and animals; I like visual simplicity and clarity, clean lines and crisp colors, silly and whimsical subject matter and anthropomorphic critters. I develop all of my illustrations the old-fashioned way, using pencil, pen and ink; I then color them digitally using Photoshop and Illustrator.
I've been drawing since infancy but illustrating professionally since 2009 and I'm mostly self-taught. I owe a lot of my know-how to my brother Nick, an illustrator and muralist living in Oakland, California.
Since 2014, I've had the honor of illustrating picture books for young children. My debut picture book (the first one I've written!) Found Dogs, will be published by Dial in July, 2017. I've also illustrated picture books for Little Simon and Albert Whitman & Co, and two coloring and activity books for Running Press.
In addition to freelancing, I run a shop called Cuddlefish Press that creates paper goods and prints for children's rooms and nurseries. My illustrated products are carried by a selection of shops around the US, mostly in California, where I lived for four years.
Illustration is my favorite thing, but I also love collecting things like stamps and rocks and Japanese kokeshi. I enjoy drinking coffee all day, reading (especially things meant for kids), traveling, and hiking with my wiry terrier Russell Redfur. Although my dad's a professional musician, my only musical talent is whistling.
My last name is pronounced SEE-row-titch.
- Dial Books for Young Readers
- Running Press
- Little Simon
- Albert Whitman & Company
- Teacher Created Materials
- Highlights for Children
- American Girl Magazine
- Usborne Publishing
- Cousteau Kids Magazine
- American Greetings Interactive
- Glazer Children's Museum
Publications & Features
- Spreads in selected Usborne activity books, 2015-16
- JP and the Bossy Dinosaur, Albert Whitman & Co, 2016
- JP and the Giant Octopus, Albert Whitman & Co, 2015
- JP and the Polka Dotted Aliens, Albert Whitman & Co, 2015
- Highlights High Five Magazine, May and July, 2015
- Highlights High Five Bilingüe Magazine, August, 2015
- American Girl Magazine, March/April, 2015
- ¡Di Algo!, Teacher Created Materials, 2014
- HGTV Magazine, House Portrait feature, 2014
- Work/Life 3: The UPPERCASE Directory of Illustration, 2013
- Guide Magazine, 2012
- Ammo Magazine UK, Issue 8, 2011